Whether you're a seasoned gadget fanatic or just about to begin shopping for a modern flat-screen display after having lived under a rock for five years, this article aims to be a useful guide in the forest of value-range 22" TFT monitors.
If you consider yourself to be at least as picky as the average customer, you'll find it hard to find something to your liking under $150 and at 22" diagonal measurement. Let me help you out by pitting ViewSonic VA2231WM against BenQ G2222HDL.
Common Features
Both displays have a 21.5" visible diagonal measurement TN-Film based TFT panel. Graphic designers fringe, those working in professional printing industry hide in a corner and mutter to themselves, when TN panel is brought to the discussion. The matter of fact is, TN is good enough to squeeze that 'Wow' out of any non-savvy customer.
If you've been using a monitor, which is at least three to five years old regardless of its make, either of the displays discussed today thumps it with purpose. At least picture-quality wise.
Also, both manufacturers managed to cram 1920 by 1080 pixels in their product, along with both a DVI-D digital, and a D-Sub 15 analogue signal input. Remarkable, just a year and a half ago any sort of digital input was considered premium feature.
Where Ways Part
Viewsonic decided they'd rather have integrated speakers in VA2231WM than not, while LED backlight technology missed this facelift. BenQ, on the other hand, have done away with the old CCFL technology, light-tube, and put LEDs to take over its place. The result has been nothing short of spectacular, and I know because I'm sitting in front of one right now.
LED backlight in this case gives G2222HDL a maximum power consumption roughly 38% less than the typical value VA2231WM can boast. Assuming your desktop monitor uses roughly $50 worth of electricity a year, LED backlight puts $19 back in your pockets. Incidentally, that's more than the price difference between the retail prices.
Other Minor Matters
BenQ's design approximates the 'business look' a bit better than the ViewSonic, but neither is what I'd call professional. I use the BenQ personally and I'd like to be the first to testify against the glossy plastic it uses for the bezel. I managed to scratch it by putting my aluminum MacBook next to it.
ViewSonic uses this kind of material, too. That said, in this price range having these issues as the most serious problem is superb. I'd rather have a scratched bezel than dead pixels or bleeding backlight.
Verdict
Both Viewsonic VA2231WM and BenQ G2222HDL are decent displays when their price points are taken into consideration. The former gives you integrated speakers and costs $10 less at the time of writing, while the latter has no speakers but makes use of the latest LED backlight technology.
I suggest you opt for the BenQ monitor in this case, simply because it puts about $20 back in your pockets a year through its muffled power consumption.
I hope you've got your questions answered!
In case you long for more about either ViewSonic VA2231WM or BenQ G2222HDL, feel free to follow the links.
Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert
View the Original article
No comments:
Post a Comment